What could be a better way, to list down or describe my goals that I want, than writing it down somewhere? This would be the best place as I will usually tend to read back on my previous posts or I could have Nas Nasyrah to remind me on my goals whenever I go off track 😉
I’m currently reading this book ‘The Secret’ by Rhonda Byrne. Its really truly inspiring and it keeps me going. I shall practice and input it into my daily life from now onwards. All I got to do is ‘Ask, Believe and Receive’. After which, visualise and have the feeling of gratitude for the things I already have.
When I was 17, during my ITE days, there’s this life skills elective module that we all have to go through and I’m an thankful that we had to go through it. One of the task we were told to do was to list our 5 and 10years goals. Back then, well, we were not aware of the outside world. So what exactly did I write down on the piece of paper?
1st: To get a driving license by the age of 25.
2nd: To get a degree certificate by the age of 30.
Those who know me, very much know that I have already achieved my first goals. By the age of 19, I was already driving around with my dad’s car. And I am thankful to my dad for sponsoring my driving lessons.
As for my 2nd goals, I will get there. Taking the first step to apply for my Degree at Kaplan was an achievement to me. Though the tuition fee is a huge sum of money, I will get through with the payments and will graduate by January 2017. That will mean that I will be 26 years old. If everything goes well, Insya’allah, I will graduate with a Degree.
So my goals shouldn’t just end there right? 7 years later, I should continue writing my goals. It may not be as exact to when I want it to be but it will be quite detailed.
My goals/dreams/what I want would be:
1. I want to be able to save up to send my parents perform Haj. Be it whether I contribute 20%, 75% or 100%, I would want my money to be part of their Haj’s journey.
2. I want to get a job that I will find most benefiting for me, the community and others. I would want to be in the education sector because there’s no greater value of a career than to give back to the society.
3. I want to find a partner and be in a relationship with one who is loyal/faithful, kind hearted, independent, selfless, family oriented, cat person, stable, loving, respectful, have their own personal goals, and most importantly, loving me the way I am and inspire me to become a better person.
4. I want to travel the world to explore and experience life outside of Singapore. Be it to travel with my family, best friend, friends or my partner.
5. I want to be able to own a Mini Cooper someday. That will be my dream car.
6. I want to be financially stable and able to get a regular pay cheques and pay my bills on time. Also to support myself and my family.
7. I want to be have a house that is so called designed by me like all the concepts and themes, furnitures etc. It will have a modern concept with bright colours and wall designs be it painted by me or hiring someone to do it for me. To have a cosy spot for me to do my art stuff and a room with cinema viewing type. A house which I call home and welcome any one of my friends and family to stay over.
8. I want to be the best version of myself. One that believe she is a good, kind hearted, loving, caring, passionate, independent, successful in both career and family, a filial daughter/friend/sister/wife/partner.
9. I want to be happy. To be grateful for all the things that I have and work towards more happiness and more meaningful life.
10. I want to achieve all that I have listed down from point 1-9 and be happy that I have achieve #10.